East Lancashire People First
East Lancashire People First is a registered Charity. It was founded by a small group of individuals with learning disabilities, supported by a number of individuals who had no learning disability but were supportive of the aims and objectives of the group.
East Lancashire People First aims to improve the quality of life for people with a learning disability primarily through self-advocacy, but also by providing services and facilities as required by its members
Services We Offer
- Drop-in Facilities in Burnley, Clitheroe, Colne, Darwen and Accrington
- A Charity Shop called Glad Rags which helps to support the charity financially and also provides training and volunteering opportunities for members.
- Trips to a variety of locations
- Social Occasions such as Christmas Parties etc
- Training for members; self advocacy, retail and relationships.
- Training by members for other organisations to dispel myths about people with a learning disability
2 Yorkshire Street